Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My Christmas Table Setting Project

This was a centerpiece at a wedding we went to recently and I thought it was a very cool idea.  I told my darling husband that I would really like to have a candle-holder like this up at the lake and he was delighted because, it seems, it's pretty easy to make.  Get a log, drill a hole and insert a candle.  Of course, it has to have holly or poinsettias to compliment it but that part I can do.  We have a couple of trees he would like to trim so that works out well but I think he could make it work with some wood that we used to buy at the grocery store for our (old) wood-burning fireplace.  I got this idea from a California Ranch Wedding that we went to recently. It was a keeper idea. 

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely LOVELY! I used to have little log pieces that had been drilled out to hold a tea lite. Used those things for YEARS! Perhaps MY sweetie will make me one like YOURS! Thanks for sharing this great idea!

    ReplyDelete